Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Easy salsa!

I tried to make a peach salsa which ended up being too sweet and not spicy enough. Plus, I needed a green (basil or cilantro) when I didn't have any (one or the other is a must!)

This is a recipe I adapted from this first failed attempt. *note: all ingredients are approximate* This is a chunky salsa.

4 medium tomatoes
1 avocado
1/2-1 hot pepper (jalapeño)
1/2 lemon
1 tbsp olive oil
1/2 large red onion
1 clove garlic
Pinch salt
Pinch pepper
Basil or cilantro

Chop tomatoes and avocado into small pieces and gently stir in a medium bowl.

Mince 1 clove of garlic and chop 1/2 onion and mix into bowl with tomato mix.

Chop about 2 tbsp tightly packed basil leaves into small pieces and mix in.

Depending on your preference, add about 1/2 hot pepper (including seeds).

Add 1 tbsp olive oil, squeeze half a small lemon (to taste), add a pinch of salt and a pinch of pepper.

Mix and taste.
If not spicy enough, add more jalapeño or 1 tsp of sriracha.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment