Tonight was an experiment! I made a quinoa dish with various veggies (and fruit) from my farm share.
Feeds 2
Ingredients*:
1/2 cup quinoa
1 cup vegetable broth (or water)
2 large carrots chopped into small pieces
1 Garlic clove (minced)
2 garlic chives (chopped)
5-6 large spinach leaves (chopped)
Olive oil
Balsamic vinegar
Salt and pepper
1/4 c chopped walnuts
Goat cheese
1/2 medium apple chopped (pear would be tasty too!)
Directions:
Bring quinoa and broth to boil, then simmer for 15 minutes (directions on box)
Sauté garlic and carrots in 1 tbsp olive oil. When slightly browned, add garlic chives and spinach. Add 1 tbsp water and simmer until greens have wilted.
When both quinoa and veggie mix are done, mix together in separate bowl. Additionally, mix in 1 tbsp olive oil, 1-2 tsp balsamic vinegar, goat cheese (to taste), chopped apple pieces, and salt and pepper.
This dish is good warm or cold!
Enjoy!
* note: substitute to taste! This is what I had on hand when I started cooking.

No comments:
Post a Comment