Thursday, August 25, 2011

Peach and Blueberry Pie

So I have to admit that this is one of the first times in my life that I have not made my own pie crust. I went to Whole Foods and bought their pre-made frozen pie crust. It was quite good, actually.

I did some research on how to make a peach pie and took some suggestions from multiple sites.

Ingredients:
Pie crust (whole foods suggested)
6 (farm fresh) peaches
Blueberries
2/3 c. sugar
1/4 c. flour
Sprinkle of cinnamon (to taste)

Directions:
Slice the peaches and take off their skin. Put into bowl with a handful or two of blueberries. Mix in sugar, flour and cinnamon. Put the mix into pie crust. Cover with second pie crust. Sprinkle sugar on top of the crust. Fork crusts together and make sure to poke holes to vent.

Bake at 350 degrees for 30 - 45 minutes until crust is golden brown.

Tips:
Peaches are juicy...make sure to put pie pan on top of something in the oven. 

No comments:

Post a Comment